Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Monday

Today is Easter Monday and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing difficulty keeping up the level of focus and energy we did during Holy Week?

The resurrection was an accomplished fact before our celebrations of rememberance. The stunning reality of the resurrection of Jesus should have the power to lift and focus life every day, no?

If I learned anything this Lent it is that my spiritual disciplines are lacking the substance and frequency of a champion. To put this in athletic terms, it is as if my prayer life is just strenuous enough to prepare me to be a cheerleader and little more in the vineyard.

What I would not give for a group of nearby disciples of Jesus who who desired to work out in earnest for the race Christ called each of us to win.


No comments: